The world is experiencing an expanding outbreak of respiratory illness caused by COVID-19. FTA encourages transit agencies to be informed and prepared.
American Rescue Plan Act of 2021
The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, which President Biden signed on March 11, 2021, includes $30.5 billion in Federal funding to support the nation’s public transportation systems as they continue to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and support the President’s call to vaccinate the U.S. population.
Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021
The Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021 (CRRSAA) includes $900 billion in supplemental appropriations for COVID-19 relief, $14 billion of which will be allocated to support the transit industry during the COVID-19 pandemic.
CRRSAA became law on December 27, 2020. Learn more.
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
On Friday, March 27, 2020, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act was signed into law. FTA is allocating $25 billion to recipients of urbanized area and rural area formula funds.
For assistance with COVID-19 related questions, please contact your designated FTA Regional Program Manager.
- Increasing Vaccine Confidence Among Transit Workers Webinar (May 17, 2021)
- Transit’s Role in COVID-19 Vaccination National Peer Exchange (March 26, 2021)
- FTA COVID-19 Resource Tool (As of September 24, 2021)
- COVID-19 Funding, Civil Rights, Administrative Relief and Other Requirements
Drug and Alcohol Program
Press Releases, Blogs & Announcements
Other Federal Resources
- CDC Resources for Transit Employees
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) landing page
- Transportation Security Administration
- Department of the Treasury
Last updated: Friday, September 10, 2021